Friday 9 July 2010

The birthday starts here!

I intend to enjoy my birthday weekend with a visit to the Black Country Burlesque show at the PUBLIC in West Bromwich. If you are local, you know the building, very modern and all PINK neon lit at night. It's the perfect location for burlesque and with 22 peformer's names on the bill (count 'em) it is sure to be an entertaining evening.


Pictured below: a very modern interior view (of the ladies' toilets of all places!) in the "Public" arts centre. Although I am very much an old fashioned girl, I am in love with this venue, it's so big, shiny and glam, (They have some great exhibitions too!)














Shopping: Miss Helene Bach Recommends....



Earlier this week I went on a shopping trip for cosmetics for my stage debut in August. I'm gradually gathering a selection of make up for use on stage. I don't want to look like a frightened rabbit in the headlights, or to have this brown body and pale face! I had two makeovers, one with a foundation demo from N0.7 in Boots, the other with Isabelle from Benefit in the same store.


I'm not really into having someone else do my make up, but could get used to it! I ended up buying a No.7 foundation in almond (which looks really dark, but it matches my tan) after a demo by Nadine. Then I bought a bottle of "Moon Beam" by Benefit which is a very pretty highlighter and illuminator for the face. I'm really impressed with this product and I ended up spending a bit more than I planned, at £18.50, (thanks to Isabelle) but I am sure it will be worth it!








Moon Beam by Benefit - £18.50

Boots No.7 Intelligent balance mousse foundation in almond - £11

I'm now off to practice my burlesque make up, I will be back in a few days with a review of saturday's show......

No comments:

Post a Comment