Tuesday 6 July 2010

Welcome to my new location!


Hello, my name is Miss Helene Bach. I am a burlesque designer and aspiring performer. I started making pasties and tassels for other performers and was quite happy doing this until I started attending burlesque classes. I hope you enjoy following my experiences as I enter the world of burlesque onstage!
This is the last post I made earlier this year on my myspace blog. I now resolve to continue blogging and I look forward to hearing your comments and sharing experiences.
Visit my website to see my designs: http://www.helenebachburlesquestyle.co.uk/

The gloves are off!

Week three of the burlesque course is upon us and I’ve learned two new routines which taught me some “peeling” techniques. The glove routine, which was started the previous week, was completed. I love the cheesecake style of burlesque! I think it’s going to suit my character if I ever get the bottle to give it a proper go!

The gloves came off no problem this week, and I was delighted to start learning a “coat” routine, which to be honest made more sense once the music was playing. Very slow paced but so effective! Really, any woman could enjoy doing burlesque classes, I keep saying it, but it is such fun!

It’s been yet another pulverising week for me what with two core fitness classes besides burlesque- and a meeting about a respectable day job. I don’t mind confessing that this weekend I feel well and truly knackered!
What can Helene Bach recommend this week? Hmm… what about Radox salts? Sounds good to me!

I’ve tried and tested the “Shock absorber” range of sports bras and come across a really firm control one recently, it looks like a crop top with a bra attached inside it - a feat of engineering, but so effective when that aerobics routine really kicks off. You will not budge in this bra! They wash well and dry quite quickly even over a radiator which is always a bonus.
Speaking of bras, this week I will be learning how to remove a bra the burlesque way. No doubt this will be incorporated into a routine which I’m really looking forward to. Now this is PROPER burlesque, every week adds a little bit more to our armoury of technique. Thing is though, us beginners will look like a load of superheroes gone wrong with bras over the top of our clothes to spare the modesty of the shyer ladies. No wonder there are a lot of dog walkers outside Dance by design! see http://www.burlesque.triplemdanceacademy.co.uk/

Since posting this, I have completed course 1 and 2 in burlesque classes, also some improver's classes. I have been very busy making tassels and pasties for other performers and I am also getting ready to make my stage debut at "Roxy's Rendezvous" in Southampton in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment