Wednesday 18 August 2010

Sequins, stage nerves and slip-ups!

Well, its finally here....the last few days before Miss Helene Bach makes her stage debut. It's been said before, but I will say it again; people do not realise just how much effort is put into creating a burlesque performance. Lots of artistes make it look easy, but believe me - it's not!
Rehearsals are going well, and I now know where my feet should be, the timing of the peels, and all the technical stuff - I think! What I am still working on is how to put the character into the routine. How do you "be sexy" in front of an audience of mostly strangers? All at the same time you are remembering your choreography, making sure things "come off" without getting hooked on anything, and then on top of that, you are supposed to smoulder!
Well I'm sure I will pull it off in the end (pardon the pun).....

No comments:

Post a Comment