Monday 2 August 2010

It's all in the eyes.....

With rehearsals for my stage debut going well and only three weeks to go, I haven't really had time to feel any nerves yet. On friday I will be revealing my first routine to my burlesque teacher and mentor, so maybe the nerves will kick in then? I don't know. I'm interested in finding ways to cope with stage nerves as I will probably be a nervous wreck on the big night and don't really want to rely on alcohol to get me through it.

Friends of mine who have never even been to a burlesque show have even tried advising me on how to play it! Apparently it's "all in the eyes" - of course, I have had a good teacher so I already kind of know that. Thanks for telling me anyway, but I think it takes more than "eyes". Until you have tried it, believe me, you do not realise all the work that goes into burlesque....still, it's fun.

Apart from my hair needing a trim, and the tan lines needing a little help, I am more or less kitted out for the event. This week I can recommend these pretty lashes that I bought from, believe it or not, my local market!
Made by a company called QVS, this is the "Bedazzled" lash duo, a day to night lash kit. They are easy to apply and remove, the case is superb to store them in - and they come with glue and tweezers. As you blink, the gems give a subtle sparkle which looks great. I have bought some other lashes which are more like caterpillars, but which might look good onstage as I do a bit of fluttering! After all, it IS all in the eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment